Of course, I could be overlooking something. And that’s why I’d like to accept a small number of testers. (It needs to be small in part because Apple restricts development to 100 devices.) The ideal tester:
- Has not played before (OK, that probably leaves out most readers).
- Has an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad capable of running iOS 4.1 or higher.
- Is willing to use prerelease software. The game may crash, be impossible to win, or have other bugs. Saved games may not be loadable by future test builds.
- Is good about noticing things that seem odd, and then reporting them.
- Reports them to us! The game isn’t under NDA, but there’s not much value in blog posts that an unreleased game has bugs.
- Has access to WiFi (you’ll download the game on your device, and it’s about 62 MB with overly compressed artwork).
- Volunteers. Apple also restricts promo codes, and reviewers and other marketing needs will come first.
To get your device ID:
- Launch iTunes on your computer
- Connect the device
- Click the device in the DEVICES list on the left
- Click the Serial Number (to show UDID)
- Select Edit > Copy (to get the UDID on the clipboard)
Thanks for your help!